Next on the agenda is the drivers side rocker panel and patching in a panel for the rear quarter.
I adjusted the door for the billionth time. This is critical to to maintaining the alignment of the door, rocker and rear quarter.
The lower part of the B pillar, the lower door jamb area is in about the same rusted out condition as the passenger side. (and the rest of the car)
I used my spot weld cutter to release the lower portion from the drivers B pillar support.
This is the new lower B pillar set in place for comparison.
Looks good! Now I just have to figure out the best place to cut it.....
If I cut too much it leaves a big gap to be filled in, so I marked it a good quarter of an inch higher than I think I need in order to trim it back to perfection.
Turns out I was lucky I gave the extra room.
The part fit nearly perfect with my "eyeball" extra thick cut.
As before I tack welded the parts together, spacing them and returning to fill in the gaps.
These pics show the same area after roughly dressing the welds with a die grinder.
A little bit further, I hope to be able to accomplish more on the Belle soon.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
E-mail Me! Click here!